Tuesday, August 09, 2005

national day..equals???

holiday??

rest day??

slack day???

forget day??

well today i was on my way to orchard with my parents for lunch.. national day in my family is most appropriately rest day.. i dunnot really expect too much excitement and surprises from my family.. cause they are really the realisitic sort who really could bother with making life a tad bit more colourful.. ok they are not that bad.. but going out to lunch could be hell.. cos my mum especially does not have a particualr inclination to other form of cooking apart from the oriental and even then only mostly cantonese dishes appeal to her.... and form there the price must be right.. people who read this please do recommend something.. or some tips please..

well today went to orchard and got a new place to try..called the hu cui by crystal jade..my mum loves crystal jade kitchen... so for her to try was not that difficult. but when we finally got there i almost fainted at the price tag.. well it was more expensive then wat i expected.. but well my dad said since we were they .. we'll give it a go..so there we were at this really posh looking restaurant.. gosh you have no idea.. its like fine dining.. where there is not much noise and everyone keeps their volume down..and all the cutlery are all set very nicely and of really good quality as well..it was really extravagant dining... and the food is oooooooiiiiiiiiisshhhhiiiii..hahha.
wel thinking alone is making me salivate.. ahha

pics below..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
main entrance..not very conspicuous.. and looks abit the zen-like..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
another angle to show you the grandeur of the setup.. the pedestal set all the way in with the darkish classy look.. damn is awe-inspiring...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the dining area..super.. well overall at least..

so we sat our asses down and prepared to feast.. things were not bad.. and infact delicious.. although the fish was a little too spicy for my palate..hmm

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the after math.. hahaha

after i got back home got online and proceeded to do a seemingly stupid thing.. but i put my alias on google searched.. found a famous photograher with the same name.. and loads of canine buddies..gosh.. i am feeling doggish now.. ahhaa..roof*

well was browsing slowly.and came across a short excerpt from my friend's blog..which i read ages ago.. and thot it pretty funny..try reading adn you'll know why..

hope she does not sue my for copyrights.. haha

sorry seems NOT to be the hardest word
---

Is it just me , or is the word being used incessantly nowadays ?

I have people profusely apologising to me over the slightest ( or even non-existent ) wrongdoings.

For goodness sake , i am NOT a tyrant !

Shawn.B called me just now while i was in the shower and when i returned his call he was a picture of guilt and panic

Fiona : Shawn , you called ah ?

S.B : Yup.. You're busy huh ?

Fiona : No lah.. Was in the shower. Whats up ?

S.B : Oh... Sorry leh i didn't know you were in the shower ..

Fiona : Err.. Okay.. So you called me for..?

S.B : Huh ? No lah.. Regarding Eugene's BBQ lor.. Eh.. Sorry leh.

Fiona : Sorry what ?

S.B : Sorry for disturbing you while you were in the shower lor..

Which i thought was really funny because

1) How on earth could i have been disturbed by his one single call which i did not hear , much less pick up ?

2) I sounded really jolly and in no way did my voice had the slightest semblance of annoyance.

And then there was J.

I don't know why on earth he gave me roses for because we've known each other for the longest time and have seen each other in the worst light ( like him scratching his ass while peeing at Ros' chalet and me forming a damp patch on a pillow with my drool while sleeping which is AN ISOLATED INCIDENT )

So i called him.

Me : Eh , thanks for the roses ah. Very nice.

J : No prob.. You like it ?

Me : Yup.. thanks again

J : I thought you prefer lilies ?

Me : Aiyo , its the thought that counts man !

J : Sorry leh.. I didn't really think when i got the roses.

Me : Its okay lah ! Its nice what !

J : Really ? But i think you will prefer lilies lor .. Sorry..

Me : I SAID I LIKE IT MEANS I LIKE IT LAH NABEI COCKANATHAN YOU I SAY WHAT I MEAN OKAY U PUNDEK !

Okok , so the last sentence was made up.

I guess the apologies were to fill up the awkward voids in conversation but it was quite embarrasing to hear someone apologising once every few seconds.

But of course , none of them can beat Myloh in apologising.

He definitely wins hands down !

A made-up example of an online conversation :

Myloh : Are you there ?

Me : Yeah.. Hold on.. Typing out some assignment stuff

Myloh : Sorry ..

--3 minutes later without any reply from me-

Myloh : Sorry again...

Me : Don't be sorry for nothing lah !! Wait ah , im going back to my assignment :)

Myloh : Okay.. sorry..

--- 2 minutes later without any reply from me-

Myloh : Sorry to have disturbed you just now..

Myloh : Really sorry ...

LOL.

Shitte , maybe its time i start potraying myself as a "Hubby , what would you like to drink for breakfast tomorrow ? Hubby , do you want a foot massage ? Hubby , would you like me to be on top or below tonight ?" kind of girl . Yep , the passive and submissive type whose life revolves around the man in her life .

Why ?

Because , this is the kind of girl nobody ever apologises to. Who cares about her temper ? What can she do even if she throws a tantrum anyway ? Run to a corner and whine ?

Maybe i really do give out provoke-me-and-you-are-gonna-be-so-fucked vibes.

Really , i'm not.

One should refrain from apologising unless the situation really calls for it as a remedy , because it loses its credibility and sincerity if used too often .

to infinity and beyond.. nah... but i'll blog again.. ciao

No comments: