Friday, October 15, 2004

Shichi/ Nana

just in case most of you are wondering .. the title of this post is actually seven in japanese...day has been ok with the regular peaks and troughs so there isn't much to talk about..haha

since i have nothing in particular to say today but since i am already here i might as well just type something...to all who read my blog.. i am not sure how many actaully remembers the movie [[you've got mail]]... it seems like only yesterday that i saw it..well thats the truth..literally(i had the vcd and i kept it in cold storage like forever and only manaage to dig it up from the abyss yesterday so i sat back and watched the show)... i was in primary school back then i think and it was kinda rare to go out for a movie so i wasn't really a movie buff but one day my sis took me out for an "outing" and we decided to catch a movie.. her treat of course.. hehhe... at the beginning i was sceptical abot the show although it starred meg ryan who until today is still my favourite hollywood actress apart from sphie marceau.. haha..

amazingly after so many years i still found the show refreshing especially when to seemingly unassociated characters just found one another by some freak force of nature..of course meg looks much better in this show..without her new pouty collagen filled lips...ewww*

remebering the times when i first got my vcd of you've got mail i used to watch it everyday without fail...to the state of almost remembering the conversations..(how sick could i get???)but it was beautiful to see such stories i mean this kind of stories hacve been put up on the silver screen perhaps as early as when technicolor came out with colour movies... but the itsy bitsy details in the movie i think is wat amde it really nice.. the nice music at the right time of the movie and also the onscreen chemistry between tom hanks and meg ryan...how sweet if this could happen in real life...

here are some pieces of extracts form the movie that strummed my heartstrings..

The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall! Decaf! Cappuccino!

Kevin, this girl is the most adorable creature I've ever been in contact with. And if she turns out to be as good looking as a mailbox, I would be foolish not to turn my life upside down and MARRY her.

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?

If I really knew you, I know what I would find -- instead of a brain, a cash register, instead of a heart, a bottom line.

I like to start my letters off to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we are the oldest and dearest of friends as oppose to which we actually are, people who don't know eachothers names and met in a chatroom which we both claimed we'd never been to before. What will NY152 say today I wonder. I turn on my computer, I sign on, I wait impatiently as it connects and my chest catches my breath as I hear three little words. 'You've Got Mail' I hear nothing, not a sound on the city streets just the beat of my own heart. I have mail-- from you.

I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils, if I knew your name and address.

-end of post-

No comments: